Documentary Babes

‘Documentary Babes was a term coined when Flora set up our Whatsapp’

She is interesting that way and I suppose it just stuck with me

Prolog Stardate 2018 Berlin Germany

It was the end of 1991. The communist wall in Europe had fallen and you could feel the vibrant energy and deep uncertainty all over Europe.  The song ‘Winds of Change’ by the Scorpions played from every radio and convenience store.  No place was the new reality more poignant than in Berlin, a city divided, now reunited. The wall may have disappeared but from the tall buildings at night the lines of separation were clearly visible.  West Berlin was brightly lit like a Christmas tree.  Multicolored storefront and restaurant and crossing signs flashing along the busy boulevards in startling contrast to the quiet darkened unlit neighborhoods, grey buildings and deserted streets of East Berlin.

Twenty years later I returned to Berlin to attend a school for documentary film making. Berlin, well known for its vibrant arts scene, swinging clubs and swinger’s clubs, Low- and high-tech startups, street murals and street life, now the hippest scene and undisputed cultural capital of Europe was vibrating with energy. Yet what changed my life and changed me as a person were the students and the teachers and the mad adventures we had during the three months I spent at the Met Film School in Neukollin.

In those three months, we spent a week hands-on basic equipment use.  Another week of sound and then of film editing. Armed with the knowledge that the only way to make films was to go out and change the world, we organized ourselves and working together made eleven separated documentaries.  It was mad: and it was magnificent.  Hauling equipment around on the metro, the restaurants, and the clubs at night, our successes and our frustrations and the forming of new relationships with the many people who agreed to have their lives and passions documented in our films. Yet the one thing that stands out over all others is the bond we made with each other, and that will stay with me for the rest of my life.

These pages are dedicated to the students and my friends from the Met film School fall class of 2018.

Peter Coward

Julia Gechter

Film Maker

Met Film Instructor

Hanna Huth

Film Maker

Met Film Instructor

Errica Makrogianni, Ashna Bhatia, Peter Coward, Manuel De Bernardinis, Rogerio Queiroz, Khalid Kassab, Martino Chiappa, Corinna Sahl, Flora Koller, Benita Dill, Barry Thomson

Met Film School Student documentaries

- Some of our Stories -

- Berlin Germany

This Documentary was filmed by Benita about her grandparents and their amazing relationship

70 Years

A Love Story

A film in German with English Subtitles

By Benita Dill

Play Video

Errica filmed her Documentary in Tempelhoff Park.  Talk about getting to the heart of the matter.

Would You

Let Them Know

A film in mostly in English with Some Subtitles

By  Errica Makrogianni

Play Video

Manuel, already an established and heralded film maker in Italy put this together.

Manuel asked me and I agreed to do the voice narration. I did it in a small closet with a blanket over my head to reduce noise. Manuel left it untitled and I gave it a name.

There is still a small audio problem in one of the interviews.

Dream Scape

A film by

Manuel De Bernardinis

Play Video

Peter made the most ambitious and comprehensive film with more than 10 shooting sessions and most of the class as actors.

The movie was produced as a film about an interesting person in our class.

But Peter was actually making a film about Peter, and his misadventure into student film making. It was a documentary on the making of a documentary. Actually, it is a Mocumentary about the making of a documentary about a documentary.

This is Barry

A film by

Peter Coward

Play Video

My documentary consisted of many hours of shooting interviews with Rogerio, Flora, and Errica. All of the filmings took place at the school. The first day of shooting was filmed on a bed in the main building and the rest at the school’s production studio.

On the second to last day of school, the night before the final screening, I still could not bring it all together so I trashed the whole Idea of splicing together multiple interviews entirely. I stayed up all night and put this short piece, titled ‘Flora’ together using bits and pieces of footage taken over the course of the previous two and one-half months.

Flora

A film by

Barry Thomson

Play Video

The following three films are the individual interviews that I made with Rogerio, Errica, and Flora on the Met Film School Studios set.

They and everyone in the class who worked on my project were complete stars. We became a well-oiled and exhausted student film making team by the end of the 3 months of film making.

Roger's Interview

Directed and edited By Barry

Made by the students of Met Film School

Play Video

Errica's Interview

Directed and edited By Barry

Made by the students of Met Film School

Play Video

Flora's Interview

Directed and edited By Barry

Made by the students of Met Film School

Play Video

24,497 thoughts on “FilmSchool”

1. Heya i’m for the first time here. I found
    this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out
    a lot. I hope to give something back and aid others like you
    helped me.

2. Fantastic beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your site, how can i subscribe for a
    blog web site? The account aided me a acceptable deal.
    I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear idea

3. I am not certain the place you are getting your info, however good topic.
    I must spend a while studying much more or understanding more.
    Thank you for great info I was searching for this info for my mission.

4. great put up, very informative. I ponder why the opposite specialists of this sector do not understand this.
    You should proceed your writing. I am confident, you’ve a great readers’ base
    already!

5. With havin so much content and articles do you ever run into
    any problems of plagorism or copyright violation? My blog has a lot of completely unique content
    I’ve either written myself or outsourced but it seems a
    lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my agreement.

Do you know any techniques to help protect
    against content from being stolen? I’d genuinely
    appreciate it.

6. Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point.

You obviously know what youre talking about,
    why waste your intelligence on just posting
    videos to your site when you could be giving
    us something enlightening to read?

7. The second-largest crypto, Ethereum, faces continuous falls, as it recently lost 10% in a week. The year has not been ideal for the crypto market; however, this is not the first time investors have seen this. Luckily there are ways to find out if you can truly trust the casino you want to spend your time on. The best way is to check if the casino has a valid license for online gambling. All casinos need this to run their casino legally, and it is not free, so it wouldn’t be something they hide. Some casinos choose to obtain more than one of these licenses. This is a red flag for some, and we are here to tell you that it is not a red flag. A casino can have as many licenses as they please, but they can also have one. Despite the fact that digital currencies are growing in popularity by the day, many people think they are not worth I, especially after the recent price corrections. In November 2021, Bitcoin and a few other digital currencies reached astronomical levels. Crypto fans thought the trend would continue, and Bitcoin’s price would eventually surpass $100,000. However, this did not happen. https://xeon-wiki.win/index.php/Casino_free_registration_bonus_in_UK I also know that for every scam, there are countless examples of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology being used responsibly to create opportunities, grow economies, and do good in the world. We need to remember that cryptocurrency fraud is the exception, not the rule. Todd Witteles, Poker Fraud Alert founder, posted a thread in May 2020 labeled “Dan Fleyshman states that Filippos Liakounakos ripped off Cord Garcia, a Colossus winner, of $600K.” He stated that Cord Garcia is popular for winning $638,000 in a 2015 large-field World Series of Poker (WSOP) Colossus event. Despite continued warnings from the government against the inherent risks of unregulated cryptocurrencies, similar to other parts of the continent, citizens keep falling prey to the elaborate scams. HOME               CASINOS #4 – 6                 ABOUT RTG                CASINOS #7 – 8                        CONTACT

8. Just want to say your article is as astounding. The clarity to your publish is simply spectacular and that i could suppose you are an expert in this subject.
    Fine together with your permission allow me to take hold of your
    feed to keep up to date with impending post. Thanks 1,000,000 and
    please carry on the rewarding work.

9. I’ve been exploring for a bit for any high-quality articles or weblog posts on this kind of
    space . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stubled upon this site.
    Reading this information So i’m glad to show that I have an incrdibly excellent uncanny feeling I
    found out just what I needed. I most without a dubt will
    make certain to do not put ouut off your mind this werbsite and give
    it a glance regularly.

My homepage best ducted air conditioning sydney

10. I have to thank you for the efforts you have put in penning this website.
    I am hoping to see the same high-grade content from you later
    on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to
    get my own, personal site now 😉

11. An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto a friend
    who was conducting a little homework on this. And he
    actually ordered me breakfast because I stumbled upon it for him…
    lol. So allow me to reword this…. Thanks
    for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending the
    time to discuss this matter here on your site.

12. Good post however , I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this subject?
    I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further.
    Many thanks!

13. Sign in with your Microsoft account to view. May contain mature content. European roulette has come a long way since its time in land-based casinos. This casino game’s evolution is unmistakable, as European roulette now comes with all-new looks and features that completely transform how players view European roulette today. Talented game providers like Microgaming and Evolution have revolutionised the game of roulette, rolling out one version of online roulette after another — each with its own unique set of dynamic features and fresh gameplay. European Roulette is Playtech’s take on a classic casino table game. This roulette experience is European in that it uses the traditional French roulette wheel, which has just one zero and 37 chambers overall as opposed to the double zeros and 38 chambers that the American wheel employs. https://www.meno-positive.co.uk/community/profile/walkerseverson0/ Click here to visit this casino and redeem your free no deposit bonus SIGN UP FOR $25 FREE CHIP NO DEPOSIT Another way to prevent getting this page in the future is to use Privacy Pass. You may need to download version 2.0 now from the Chrome Web Store. Alongside these seriously hot prizes comes a hot stake system, safe choice for Americans who wish to gamble online. With their live streaming services, but aren’t yet in a position to gamble at legal. The disadvantages of free spins bonuses are limited games variety and higher wagering requirements. This sort of bonus does not require any deposits from the player and is normally dedicated to a player`s birthday or some other holidays. These bonuses may also be not very generous, nevertheless, you should understand that they practically emerge from nowhere. Casinia gambling house is a wonderful spot to spend your weekend you start with Saturday`s welcome bonus of

14. временная регистрация

Наша общество предлагает комплексные услуги по юридическому сопровождению в процессе оформления временной регистрации в Москве. В штате только профильные юристы, которые гарантируют успешное получение ВР в любом регионе для нужный вам срок.

временная регистрация

15. I like the valuable info you provide in your articles.
    I’ll bookmark your blog and check again here frequently.
    I am quite sure I’ll learn many new stuff right here! Good
    luck for the next!